Guyana Autism Awareness & Intervention Project -Call for action 2019
CALL FOR ACTION 2019
DONATE HERE - paypal.me/pools/c/8dSdVutQp6
Guyana Autism Awareness & Intervention Project
Autism is a growing need for support as many children and young persons with this condition display significant challenges in their behavior.
WHY WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
• Without understanding, autistic people and families are at risk of being isolated and developing mental health problems.
• Autism costs an estimated $60,000 a year through childhood, with the bulk of the costs in special services and lost wages related to increased demands on one or both parents.
• Mothers of children with ASD, who tend to serve as the child’s case manager and advocate, are less likely to work outside the home. On average, they work fewer hours per week and earn 56 percent less than mothers of children with no health limitations and 35 percent less than mothers of children with other disabilities or disorders.
• Autism is the fastest growing developmental disorder, yet most underfunded.
• There is no cure for autism, and most individuals with ASD will need support and services throughout their lifetime.
• There is no global tally for Guyana and using the WHO figure of 1:160 and comparing it to the approximate 786,000 residents in Guyana it would equate to approximately 4,900 persons suffering from ASD in this region of the world.
• Due to the lack of skilled doctors or pediatricians in Guyana, Autism and other related disorders are often misdiagnosed or not diagnosed at all.
• In Guyana, government institutions offer very limited services and the NGOs are limited in what they can do due to minimal funding.
• Early intervention can change a life.
TO DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL GO TO: